Thursday, August 11, 2011

Kevin Tong's "The Invisible Man" Movie Poster

UPDATE 1 (8/22): Kevin Tong's remaining The Invisible Man prints will be available at a random time tomorrow (8/23) through his online store. The regular version (silver) will cost $80 and the variant (gold) will cost $100. Good luck!

I don't have much more time before I pass out from exhaustion, but I wanted to quickly talk about Kevin Tong's The Invisible Man poster.

The Invisible Man Movie Posters
Kevin Tong
24" x 36"
$45 - Limited of 285

This is one print I was able to pick up at SDCC (I guess they didn't sell out in San Diego) and I can confidently say it's as beautiful as it looks. In a lot of ways this poster reminds me of something Rich Kelly would do due to the pencil-like sketching pattern that makes up Claude Rains' suit and bandages. I'll have to post some close-up shots of this print on my Tumblr, but for the purposes of this quick review, I'll just say that the image almost looks like it was intricately designed on a chalkboard. That may not sound like a compliment, but it is - I've never seen anything like it.

Kevin Tong's The Invisible Man poster will be available through Mondo tomorrow / later this morning (8/11) at a random time. The poster measures 24" x 36", costs $45 and is limited to an edition of 285. Just a heads up, they sold a pretty decent amount of these at SDCC, so there's a limited amount to begin with and I'm sure they'll go really fast. To keep up with the release info I recommend following @MondoNews. And to learn more about the artist Kevin Tong head over to tragicsunshine.com. Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Trolling, Please.