Friday, November 25, 2011

Mike Mitchell's "Adventure Time" Posters

I've been a huge fan of Adventure Time since day one. Now, I'm not saying that to brag, rather, I'm hoping you'll use my admission as a catalyst to watch as much of the series as you possibly can. It's really amazing. And it seems I'm not the only one who thinks so, as Mondo will be releasing a stunning set of Adventure Time prints by artist Mike Mitchell later today (11/25).

Adventure Time Poster (Regular)
Mike Mitchell
18" x 36" - Numbered
$40 - Limited to 220

Mike Mitchell absolutely nailed the look and feel of the series. His posters present Jake the dog and Finn the human in exactly the way you would have imagined. He's even seen fit to add some of the show's hilarious side characters, like Lumpy Space Princess, the staring horse (which is actually a costume housing the Ice King), and Beemo! By the way, if that previous sentence made zero sense, I, again, highly recommend checking out the series. I'm not really sure what else to say. I love this print, it's pretty much perfect, and I can't imagine any fans of the show being disappointed by it. I think I prefer the variant, if only because it's a bit more colorful, and Adventure Time is such a colorful show, but the regular version is still fairly algebraic in every conceivable way. Bottom line: if you love the series, you'll need to be putting that F5 button to work come sale time.

Adventure Time Poster (Variant)
Mike Mitchell
18" x 36" - Numbered
$65 - Limited to 90

Mike Mitchell's Adventure Time prints will be available later today (11/25) through the Mondo website. Both versions of the poster measures 18" x 36" and are hand numbered. The regular edition will cost $40 and is limited to 220, while the variant is limited to a much smaller edition of 90 and will cost $65. As is usually the case when it comes to Mondo prints, you'll need to follow @MondoNews for the exact drop details. To learn more about Mike Mitchell you've got a few options, including: his website at sirmikeofmitchell.com, his store, his Tumblr blog, and following him on Twitter @sirmitchell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Trolling, Please.